There are numerous causes of knee pain including :
- Cruciate Ligament Injury
- Collateral Ligament Injury
- Meniscal (Cartilage) Damage
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Anterior Knee Pain
- Rehabilitation following Surgery.
Symptoms can include:
- Inflammation (Swelling) around the joint
- Pain or clicking on moving
- Weakness or Instability
- Bruising or Redness
One or more of these symptoms indicate there is something wrong…..you must not ignore them or you risk further injury.
We do recommend using the P.R.I.C.E. programme on early management of most knee injuries but seek professional help quickly if symptoms do not settle.